Are you a jewelry lover but could not fix a place to store them? Well, jewelry boxes kept in the closed chests are old-fashioned nowadays. If you have sparkling gems or delicate pieces of elegance, display them in a beautiful handmade DIY jewelry dish that would enhance the beauty of your dresser as well.
Be it your exquisite rings, neckpieces, earrings, or any other jewelry piece, it is indeed the best idea to store them in a dish or tray. And in that case, it is an excellent view to self create a DIY jewelry dish. Creating your own DIY jewelry dish with the best quality clay, tint of elegance, and adorners would be a less expensive yet the most precious task. It would take extremely little time and would be loads of fun exploring the hidden creative mind within you.
We will be making the DIY jewelry dish in two ways. The one would be a single-colored DIY jewelry dish, and the other way would be making a multi-colored one. So let’s get started.
All That You Need For DIY Jewelry Dish
- Any plain Color Terracotta Or Oven-hardening Polymer Clay
- 3 Any Colored Polymer Clay
- Rolling Pin
- Acrylic Paints
- Parchment Paper
- Plastic Clay Knife Or X-Acto Knife
- A Cookie Cutter Or A Bowl
- Pencil Or Gold Leaf Pen
- Decorating Material Of Your Choice
For The Single-Colored DIY Jewelry Dish
- Roll the clay on a flat surface with parchment paper with a rolling pin.
- Cut it in a desired shape and size with the help of a cookie-cutter, plastic, or X-Akto knife.
- Hold the corners of the dish, press them upwards with your fingertips, and give them the shape of a dish.
For The Multi-Colored DIY Jewelry Dish
- Take 3 different colored terracotta clay and roll them thinly approx 7 inches long, with fingers on a flat surface with parchment paper.
- Join all the 3 rolls and make a thick log of them while rolling on the surface.
- Twist this long log nicely and swirl it up.
- Make a ball out of it with the help of your hands.
- Roll the ball for approximately a thickness of few inches.
- Cut in the desired shape using the X-Akto knife and shape up using a bowl.
For Baking Your DIY Jewelry Dish
- Preheat the oven to 135 degrees celsius.
- Place the clay dishes in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
For Decorating Your DIY Jewelry Dish
- Once baked, let the dishes cool completely and reach room temperature.
- Decorate them with the paint making polka dots, leaves, snowflakes, etc.
- You may also use a gold leaf pen for painting the edges and a pencil to draw any desired design.
We’re sure this could be the easiest, most beautiful, and cutest way to display your jewelry. Making your own DIY jewelry dish with your favorite colors and adorners will eventually glaze up your dresser or bedroom corners. This DIY jewelry dish could also be a wonderful gift for your loved ones.
So try it out now. And remember, you are all free to add your magic of creativity to the task of making a mark of beauty and grace, your DIY jewelry dish.